Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Traditions


Hey everybody, Christmas is only a few weeks away. I know everybody is already in the Christmas Spirit, and if some of you have not already put up and decorate your Christmas Tree, I know some of you already have.


Our Christmas tradition is just that, we usually take the tree down after Thanksgiving and decorate it. As we all decorate inside the house, outside the house and the tree, we put on some Christmas music, pour everyone some egg nog and get to work. Sing jolly ole Christmas songs, busying ourselves like little elves. We always have a blast. During Christmas Eve, my father always grill out, and we enjoying being in the crisp winter air by the fire. It is so nice, it's during those moments when we really take the time to enjoy family, friends & love ones. Tell you the truth, I think that's what traditions bring out of us, the real meaning of each of those Holidays.


So what's your Christmas tradition(s)? What do you do together as a family that brings out those great moments and memories that will not be forgotten?


Happy Holidays Everybody!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey H,
    I just love the tree. For me it's all about the tree. I want the biggest one that will fit in my house and only I can put the lights and ornaments on. I know I should share, but D doesn't care. I've been known to decorate the tree, and then take everything off and re-decorate if I'm not satisfied the first time.
    You can see why D doesn't want anything to do with it!!
    Also, I get into the food. I like to try new things so we don't always eat the same dishes. One thing that we try to have every year is a Buche de Noel. A yule log cake that I make. It's delicious and beautiful!!
    Hope you're having a great Holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trees myself and love to decorate it while the Christmas music is on. The Buche de Noel is something I'd like to try but never had the nerve. I hope you have a great Holiday celebration to. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete