Friday, January 8, 2010

Black People Hair




Hey girls. I recently have been experimenting with my hair. As some of you know or maybe all of you know, a lot of African American women have perms or relaxers. Some have been blessed with natural soft and manageable hair.
Well through my experimenting with my hair. Going natural is not for me. While I like it on other people, I can't do it. I have cut all my relaxed hair off and therefore my hair is now short, natural & somewhat wavy. I like it and all, but it is a challenge to keep up with natural hair. I realize after doing this that I can manage my hair better with it being relaxed. Well at least I can say I tried it and gave it a go. With that said, after a few days of letting my relaxed hair grow out and I've cut the remaining relaxed hair off, gone short and some what liked it-I quickly ran to my phone and made an appointment with my hair dresser. Hello relaxer and easy managing. Good-bye natural beauty and hard work, not to say that relaxers aren't nice, they are a God-sent.
So to all my fellow women of all race and cultures, I salute you with your natural beauty in every are of your lives. What works for you and what makes you happy-"Do It."

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing aron. Information and education is power and progress wheeled in the right way to benefit others and ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty much tired of the whole hair thing. Wear it your way. I get a little angry everytime I have to go into beauty supply for my girls, the braids only last three weeks at the most and then they're tired and my money is all over the floor. The hardest thing I've found is to convince my child that the beauty starts within.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your support, and I like that advice that you gave your girls. It's a motto we all should live by as women.

    ReplyDelete